Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where does the time go?

So, tomorrow I start the last year in my 30's. I have never been the kind to be bothered by my age. However, I have been thinking so much about this upcoming year. There are so many things that I want to do. Improvements that I want to make in so many areas of my life.

But, I also cannot seem to fathom that this much time has passed. I have been looking back and wondering, what the heck happened to my 30's? And when did time start being measured in these big digits? That's when a few numbers started coming to mind.

35 - I have now been friends with some of my oldest friends for this long. Unbelievable.

25 - Next month, my Dad will have been in Heaven for this long. Doesn't seem possible.

20 - I have now been out of High School for this long. Seems like yesterday.

15 + - I have now had a career for this long.

10 - We moved to Kansas this long ago.

7 - Our first amazing son, Jonah, was born this long ago.

5 - Our second, lovable monkey, Kaden, was born this long ago.

And that's when it hit me. That's where my 30's went!! They have been consumed with these two wonderful little men that we have been blessed with. And, I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments: