Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trust

"Trust is the courage to accept acceptance." - Scott Hodge

It is always amazing to me how God uses many different people, readings, and messages to get your attention. Lately, this has been the theme. "Trust me", "Stop trying to do it on your own", "I am for you".......

I am realizing that this is an area in my life where I need to be continually reminded. I cannot do this on my own. There is NOTHING I can do to earn God's love. I just have to accept it. I never really think that's an issue for me. However, it keeps coming up, and then I realize that I'm putting my own view of God into my thinking, and I'm NOT trusting Him enough. It's in all the everyday little things, as well as the big things that He is already working on, in His time.

I have never had a church like The Orchard in my life. In so many ways, it is my dream come to life. When Scott Hodge teaches, I feel the Holy Spirit speaking to me. He is using Scott's amazing gift of speaking the truth to breathe life into my soul and to help me realize the areas that I need to work on. I often joke and ask him if he sees the "light bulb" going off over my head during his teaching, because I am constantly making connections in my own life during his sermons.

I am so incredibly grateful to The Orchard, for the steps that they have encouraged and helped me to take in my journey with Christ. I have never felt more at home, or challenged in my faith, as I do from being a part of this amazing community. I am so incredibly blessed!

No comments: