Sunday, June 27, 2010

So Long, Insecurity!!!

We finished our book club reading "So Long, Insecurity" by Beth Moore. I would highly recommend the book! The group we put together was great, and we really helped walk through the issues the book brought up together. I feel like I have confronted issues of insecurity that I really wouldn't have said that I had. As the issues we talked about in this book continue to need to be worked on, she gave a great "maintenance" prayer at the end of the book. She wrote this before the prayer:

"God is calling you, beloved. He is summoning you to freedom. He is wooing you to joy. He's inviting you to live on purpose and spin around with childlike faith in the acute awareness of His love for you. His hand is outstretched. Take your dignity back no matter where you've been or what has happened to you. Hold on to your security for all you're worth. It is yours. Nothing and no one can take it from you. Now get out there and show some wide-eyed little girls what a secure woman looks like."

Here's the prayer:
My Father in heaven,
I thank you for breath this day to give You praise.
I thank You for a life where nothing is wasted,
a life where pain turns into purpose and Your providence
assigns a personal destiny.
You will never allow anything in my path
that cannot bring You glory or me and those around
me good.
No matter what this day holds,
I am clothed with strength and dignity.
I have divine strength to overcome every obstacle and
all oppression
because I belong to Jesus Christ, and His Spirit lives within me.
You, Lord, are my security.
No one and nothing can take You from me.
You will keep my foot from being caught in a trap.
I choose to turn my back on fear because You are right here with me.
I can smile over the days to come because Your plan for me is good and right.
My heart is steadfast, trusting in You, Lord.
In the end, I will look in triumph on my foes.
Because of You,
I, Tammy, am secure.
In Jesus' triumphant name,
Amen.

No comments: